19 Apr NEW ZEALAND
The natural wonder of New Zealand
You’ve flown across the ditch and landed in Kiwi territory! Here’s what to do next:
The unique experiences: New Zealand has some of the most picturesque natural wonders in the world. These are just some of our favourites:
- Milford Sound – home to some of the oldest living organisms on the planet, from mountainous granite cliffs to the deep Tasman sea, the Milford Sound fjord is a once in a lifetime experience. Hire a kayak to explore the local scenery & wildlife. (A 5-hour drive from Queenstown but the tranquility is well worth it.)
- Lake Tekapo – an unreal turquoise blue vast lake!
- Castle Hill – named by the Dalai Lama in 2002 as the spiritual center of the universe, you really need to see this stunning natural phenomenon for yourself!
- Hobbiton (located in Matamata) – this is a must for all the Lord of the Rings fans out there. Immerse yourself in the little town of Hobbiton where the series was filmed.
What’s On? There are heaps of festivals & events happening throughout the year in NZ!
Some of our faves include:
- Wellington Spring Festival
- Queenstown Winter Festival
- New Zealand International Film Festival
- Visa Wellington on a Plate
A fabulous November Food Festival: Toast Martinborough
Food & Drink: Experience the Kiwi Food Frenzy!
Habebes – a Middle Eastern influenced café and takeaway situated in the heart of Queenstown.
RATA – draws inspirations from the southern landscape and everything that epitomises New Zealand.
Fishbone – the freshest Seafood you could ever taste.
The French Cafe – Classic french cuisine with a Kiwi twist (award-winning dinning experience).
The Sugar Club – extraordinary fusion of local New Zealand produce with exotic global ingredients.
NZ is home to the best vineyards in the world – Experience the world-famous Sauvignon Blancs of Marlborough!
Here’s some more in depth info to get your taste buds going:
Travel Cat Tip: From the north to the south Island, the weather can be a little unpredictable so make sure to pack a good waterproof coat & comfortable boots!
Become a Premium Cat for only $12 per month and join an exclusive tribe of explorers that can travel more often, for cheaper prices.